Documentation Planning and Development
Every company needs some kind of documentation. The challenge is knowing what you need to document so that you don't spend a lot of time trying to capture everything. The key to meeting that challenge is a documentation plan.
With a plan for your technical documentation, you can:
- Keep your efforts focused on the documentation you really need.
- Stop wasting time with creating and maintaining documents you don't need.
- Reduce document clutter so that people can find the information they need, when they need it.
- Get rid of clumsy, complicated writing and review processes that don't produce usable documentation.
- Comply with regulations and legal requirements.
- Update and maintain your documents with less hassle.
I can review your existing documentation, work with you and your employees to identify the documentation you really need, recommend tools and formats that will work well for your users, and develop a maintenance strategy that will keep your documentation up-to-date.
Technical documentation does not have to be a black hole of lost time and tedious dicussion. We can start with what you have and improve from there.